Casual Relievers Residential Service Job Location:
van Asch Deaf Education Centre
We are looking for a caring, positive, professional, team players to join our residential team responsible for the safe operation of the residential homes for Deaf students.
The priority being to provide care and look after the wellbeing of students.
Your positive attitude and ability to motivate young adults will be the key driver of your success.
This position has a rostered on call component and penal rates apply.
Prerequisites to be successful in this role are:
- NZSL experience or qualifications preferred or willingness to learn is essential
- Knowledge of Deaf culture preferred, a willingness to learn is essential
- 1-3 years' experience working with youth
- Experience in leading, motivating and communicating with a broad range of groups and individuals and in particular, young people.
- Experience of working in a school environment preferable but not essential
- Experience of working with young people with multiple needs
- Strengths based approach
- Experience in administrative processes regarding personnel management and rosters
- Knowledge of Vulnerable Children's Act and NZ legislation essential
Applications will be considered and processed as they are received so if you are interested please apply now.